Saturday, October 08, 2005

Eat your sushi in one bite: "Attention, sushi fans (raising own hand) -- there's a right way to roll, and a correct way to eat. Whether served via polite staff or conveyor belt, the sushi dinner has its pitfalls -- and woe betide those who either flout convention or appear rude in their ignorance thereof. Before your next showdown with sashimi, head on over to Slashfood and have a peep at Sarah J. Gim's Sushi By Dummies series, in which we learn today to consume our sushi in one bite. I admit it -- I'm guilty of having taken a half bite, and yes, even returning the uneaten portion to the plate in the midst of conversation. I hang my head in shame, but armed with the new knowledge of how better to please my sushi overlords, I rest easier in the relentless pursuit of wasabi.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?