Friday, October 21, 2005

Here's
a couple of interesting links about cocktails:


I found this L.A. Times article, "I'll
have a first impression with a twist
" rather
amusing. Apparently, men don't have enough to worry about when pursuing
the opposite gender, now they have to consider what their choice of
drinks says about them! I don't see my libation of choice, the Mai Tai,
listed; I think they make me seem mysterious, exotic, and adventurous.
Women probably see that little umbrella and the skewer with a cherry
and pineapple chunk as a sign that I'm either totally light in the
loafers, or else leaning that way, but since I'm not dating, I don't
really give a toss!


This next article, The Most
Fattening Cocktails
, presents a list of 10
drinks
that have lots of hidden calories: the Mai Tai comes
in 5th at 350.


Finally, The Daily Lush presents The
Undrinkable Cocktail
. Did you know that the Canadian blues
band Canned Heat was named after Sterno, or that you can buy a cocktail
that contains the mummified toe of a Yukon gold prospector?



So much for cocktails, now let's talk about punk. I've often
sung the praises of Mojo
Music Magazine
on this weblog, and for good reason; every
month they come up with a fabulous new themed CD comp of great music,
and this time it's British punk from the 70s.


This is the music that kicked my complacent teenage ass and
changed my life. I'm sorry to say that I'd largely forgotten about
incredibly energetic and (dare I say it?) poppy songs like
"Too
Much Pressure
" by The Selector, "Maybe
Tomorrow
" by The Chords, and my favorite, The Pop
Rivets' "Lambrettavespascoota".
This is the first CD I've listened to in many a moon that's had me
turning my stereo up to 11.


However, Billy Bragg is still a wanker.


OyOyOyOy!!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?